Video Surveillance camera images are measured in number of pixels contained in the image. The higher the number of pixels, the more detail will the image contain. Higher resolution images give you the ability to zoom into an image for further details or fine clarity. Surveillance environments which need video analytics support such as facial resolution, License plate recognition will need high pixel resolution enabled security cameras.
In general, typical resolutions observed in the industry are-
- VGA-640×480 pixels
- D1- 720×480 pixels
- Full D1, 960H-960×480 pixels
- 720P-1280×720 pixels
- 1.3 Mega Pixel (MP)-1280×1024 pixels or 1.3 million pixels (A Mega pixel commonly used to indicate the resolution of an HD surveillance camera. A pixel is a tiny square in a digital image. The image is actually a grid of these pixels. If you greatly enlarge a digital image, you can actually see the pixels)
- 2.1 MP or 2.1 million pixels- 1920×1080 pixels
- 3MP or 3 million pixels-2048×1536 pixels
- 5MP or 5 million pixels-2592×1920 pixels
- 6MP-3072×2048 pixels
- 7MP-3072×2304 pixels
- 8MP-3264×2448 pixels
- 10MP-3648×2736 pixels
- 12MP-4000×3000 pixels
- 14MP-4288×3216 pixels (has the ability to replace 41 analog cameras)
- 16MP-4864×3248 pixels (has the ability to replace 53 analog cameras)
- 18MP-5196×3464 pixels (has the ability to replace 65 analog cameras)
- 29MP-6576 x4384 pixels (has the ability to replace 95 analog cameras)
Note 1- The higher the Mega pixels are the clearer the image will be.
Note 2- The images taken from higher MP cameras will require more storage than usual images taken from a VGA or a D1. However, image compression techniques like the latest H.265 can help in eliminating storage troubles.
For all your mission critical video surveillance needs, approach Dynamic Network Factory. DNF solutions are backed by powerful security brands, such as Avigilon and Genetec, and DNF-branded NAS and SAS storage platforms are flexible, fast, and capable.
Whatever your needs, DNF provides a full host of IT Services and Consulting, along with integrated, reliable, future-ready technology, backed by satisfied clients throughout the world.
Just call 510.265.1122 and start a conversation.