StoneFly offers remote scale out NAS storage through Microsoft Azure cloud. Thus, by using it, users can add nodes in parallel to their business growth without losing performance and bypassing any storage capacity size constraints that Azure may have.
StoneFly Cloud Drive with Scale out NAS features helps users expand one or more volumes across multiple StoneFly Cloud Drives and Azure blobs using no metadata and a single namespace. On an additional note, performance increases as new StoneFly Cloud Drive nodes are added.
Best of all, users can manage multiple Cloud Drive nodes with just a single user interface. Each time the StoneFly Cloud Drive is scaled out, it adds more capacity, more throughputs, and more concurrency. Installation, management and scaling is simple to achieve at any size.
Therefore, clients can access the Network Attached Storage with an illusion that it is just a local file storage attached to their enterprise server. But in practical, it is a virtual file storage embedded in cloud, but gives an impression that the storage is locally attached.
So, no need of investing on new file storage equipment and therefore save money on CapEx (Capital Expenses) and OpEx (Operating Expenses).
Note- A scale out NAS is a distributed file system that can scale to several Petabytes all while handling thousands of clients. It functions as a distributed data overlay, polling together storage building blocks over TCP/IP, aggregating disk resources and managing data in a single global namespace. The unified platform handles blocks, files, objects and big data.
Scale out NAS benefits are as follows-
- Enterprise-wide file sharing with a single access point across data storage locations.
- Near-line storage for infrequently accessed data that needs to be online.
- Rich media (audio and video) content distribution with Petabytes-scale storage and high-read performance requirements.
- High-performance storage for bandwidth-intensive applications like weather prediction and oil and gas exploration.
- Centralized storage-as-a-service to enterprise applications.
- Backup target and archive for off-site data protection.
StoneFly Cloud Drive propelled Scale Out NAS Storage offers
- Graphical Performance and Utilization Reporting
- Logical Volume Creation and Patented Advanced Storage Virtualization Services
- Volume-Level Access Control and Dynamic Volume Management
- Automated Online Volume / Storage Expansion
- Support for SNMP Traps and Call Home
Now to those, who are eager to know about Microsoft Azure platforms security and services, here are some facts-
- Security is built into Azure from the ground-up and includes a trustworthy technology foundation, multi-factor authentication for comprehensive identity and access management, AES-256 encryption for data at rest, Azure Key Vault for easy encryption key management, industry-standard transport protocols between user devices and Microsoft Azure datacenters and within datacenters, secure connections between VMs, Azure Virtual Network to extend your on-premises network to the cloud through site-to-site VPN, threat management against online attacks, monitoring, logging, reporting, timely alerts, and penetration testing to improve security controls and processes.
- Azure meets a broad set of international and industry-specific compliance standards, such as ISO 27001, HIPAA, FedRAMP, SOC 1 and SOC 2, as well as country-specific standards including Australia IRAP, UK G-Cloud, and Singapore MTCS. Microsoft was also the first to adopt the uniform international code of practice for cloud privacy, ISO/IEC 27018, which governs the processing of personal information by cloud service providers. Rigorous third-party audits, such as by the British Standards Institute, verify Azure’s adherence to the strict security controls these standards mandate. Azure cloud services, with independently verified compliance, give you the foundation to achieve compliance for the infrastructure and applications you run in Azure.
- Azure runs in more datacenters and regions around the world than AWS and Google Cloud combined. Azure data centers can be found in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- So, there is no disappointment to those who want 99.999% uptime.
To know more call 510.265.1616 or click on StoneFly Cloud Drive