Electronics waste is acting like a demon engulfing the entire earth and until and unless the people located around the world work on it to dispose it in an efficient way; no one can save this planet from its dreaded wings.
Lexington County Solid Waste Management has taken the initiative to shred off the affect of e-waste a bit from this planet and so will be hosting an electronics waste recycling event on Saturday- January 16th, 2016 from 9am to 1Pm.
The recycling event will be held at the Springdale Baptist Church parking lot located at 357 Wattling Road, West Columbia, SC 29170.
The criterion is that the electronics which are being disposed for recycling must and should be from Lexington County Residents and the following items are acceptable for recycling.
Computers (laptops, LCDs, LEDs, CRT Monitors, CPUs, Keyboards, Printers, scanners, Tablets, phablets), Televisions, Copiers, VCR and DVD players, Fax Machines, telephone systems, cell phones, Household electronics like stereos, radios, hair straightners, Hair dryers, PDA,s security cameras, Gaming consoles, are all acceptable.
E-waste in working or non working conditions are accepted.
But no refrigeration units will be accepted at the event and commercial waste (Tires and plastics related) are also strictly prohibited.
It is a known fact that electronic waste must be recycled and not placed in the garbage in accordance with the SC code of Law, 48-60-05 et seq.
And if you happen to be a resident of California and if you are looking for a responsible electronics waste recycler in and around the region, then DNF Recycling services can come to your rescue.
DNF Recycling Services, a business unit of Dynamic Network Factory involves in e-waste disposal program. It offers a one-stop solution for recycling your old equipment through hassle free 5 step process.
- DNF Recycling Services will arrange for pickup and transportation of the equipment to their office premises. Typically there is no fee associated with the pickup and removal of equipment. However, the distance of travel is currently limited to the state of California. If travelling is required outside of California, please call in advance at 510.342.5884 and ask for details.
- After picking up and transporting the discarded electronic equipment to their facility, a detailed inventor and assessment of the equipment is done and a report is generated and is provided to the related customer at no cost.
- Then each unit will carefully disassembled and parts will be sorted based upon their recyclable properties and whether or not they contain hazardous properties. This process is performed with full compliance from US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and clients.
- If the client provides hard disks and want the disposing process to be done in a responsible way, then DNF will erase the data from the drives using one of the three methods. The first method will be to write 0s and 1s to the drive which permanently erases traces of any data. The second method is drilling holes into the hard drive platters in such a manner that prevents further access to the platters. The third method involves sanding the platters using an industrial Sandler. This is the most proven method to get the data out of the drives. All this is done for a nominal fee.
- The main highlight is that, DNF Recycling offers to its customers a credit for buying new components or electronics. However, the credit will depend on many factors lined-up in parallel with the benchmarks of DNF.
To know more details on what your e-waste can earn for you call 510.962.5012 or click on DNF Recycling web page.