In order to protect your data from catastrophic disasters, data must be stored in more than one data centers, requiring a remote host to be highly available. This arrangement helps in keeping data continuity alive which plays a critical part in business continuity planning. But what is generally observed is that companies usually have only one data center i.e. server room.
This is where cloud storage helps in offering backup and disaster recovery services to users. Apart from other benefits, by moving backups to cloud, enterprises can save anywhere from one-half to one-third of their costs. The public cloud’s reliability, scalability, security shows the transformational potential to move disparate workloads to a single cloud platform for greater efficiency and agility.
Below are the benefits of using cloud storage for backup and disaster recovery needs
- By backing up data to the cloud, the need to buy on-site hardware and spending on administrative overhead gets eliminated.
- The OpEX model vs. CapEX enables enterprises to pay only for what is use, improving Total Cost of Ownership.
- Cloud based backup enables reliable, durable, fast and cost-effective data recovery enabled by an enterprise grade multi region public cloud infrastructure.
- Nowadays, cloud based backup and disaster recovery service offering vendors allow data to be fully encrypted in transit and at rest with no vendor access to your data.
- As data is available on demand from cloud, the need to replicate the production data to a secondary company managed data center gets eliminated.
- Replicated virtual machines can be pushed to any global location, making efficient spin-ups in the event of disaster
- By having virtual machines replicated off-site, system downtime can be reduced to minutes.
- Cloud based systems enable enterprises to store replicated VMs to multiple storage regions for even greater protection and redundancy.
- With the presence of best breed of deduplication technology, users can store data on cloud in a more cost effective way for long term needs.
- Streamlining the archival process lowers cost and eliminates reliance on tape, which is an error-prone and manual process.
- Since, the data is stored in the cloud; it is always ready for data mining, legal and compliance needs.
StoneFly Inc, a wholly owned business unit of Dynamic Network Factory is offering backup services in the cloud.
StoneFly Cloud Backup Connect is an easy and affordable way to begin storing your valuable server and workstation backups on a cloud platform. Compatible with any existing enterprise backup software or backup appliance you might be already using (Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis, Commvault, Veeam, NovaStor, Unitrends, etc.),
StoneFly provides a backup connector to your choice of private, hybrid or public cloud. Implement a quick and simple disaster recovery plan while storing your backups off-site in Microsoft Azure, VMware vCloud, VMware vCloud Air, StoneFly Cloud Business Center, or your remote private or hybrid cloud.
To those who are planning to go with a new backup strategy, StoneFly CDR365 Disaster Recovery is a perfect online backup solution that automates data backup to secure cloud storage. The application combines easy to use interface with a powerful functionality making a disaster recovery plan simple, reliable and affordable.
CDR365 automates backups as per the user settings. It backups everything and runs as a Windows Service and tracks folders for new or changed files to back them up immediately.
Data Protection is excellent in both services i.e. in StoneFly Cloud Backup Connect and StoneFly CDR365 as users can select an encryption algorithm of their choice and set up a unique encryption key.