Hyper Converged adoption is rapidly accelerating says a survey conducted by ActualTech media. The report, which was sponsored by an active player offering Hyper Converged solutions, revealed that the said infrastructure is being adopted at a rapid scale by small and medium scale businesses to improve operational efficiency of their server farms and to keep a check on their escalating data center costs.
The report also noted that the use cases for deploying hyper converged infrastructure are becoming more diverse as the technology is supporting more tier-one and mission critical workloads.
The survey also suggested the fact that hyper converged infrastructure adoption is moving beyond single system use cases to support all IT services and applications, including business and mission critical workloads.
The 2016 survey included over 1,000 IT professionals and assessed the top IT infrastructure challenges organizations are facing, and how hyper converged infrastructure addresses these challenges.
The highlights of survey are
- Reduced costs and improved operational efficiency ranked in the top three for both current and planned adopters
- 42% of those planning to adopt hyper converged infrastructure rank operational efficiency as their top IT priority
- Organizations want to improve their disaster recovery and data backup/recovery capabilities, evidenced by these IT priorities being ranked numbers two and three, respectively, for those interested in deploying hyper converged infrastructure
- Adoption of hyper converged infrastructure almost doubles in the midmarket, with a year over year increase of eight percent
- Eighty eight percent of those with plans to adopt hyper converged infrastructure are planning to do so within the next one to two years- a 15% increase over 2015 results, indicating that adoption is accelerating.
So, all you vendors offering hyper converged infrastructure can surely make merry in coming days!