Every business wants to increase productivity while reducing cost. In today’s world, it has become a necessity to stay ahead of the curve and leverage storage efficient technologies to complement enterprise IT environments and enhance productivity. The question is what kind of storage technology can play that role? In this article, we explore Network Attached Storage (NAS) appliances and their role in business growth for the digitally transformed enterprise of today.
NAS appliances are already an integral part of enterprise IT environments worldwide. According to some statistics, the global NAS market is expected to grow at 20.08% CAGR during the forecast period of 2018-2023. It is estimated to reach USD 44,595.7 million in 2023. Safe to say, enterprises around the globe are continuing to add NAS appliances to their IT environments and leveraging them to increase their business.
Considering the growth rate of the enterprise NAS storage market, we can assume that NAS appliances solve a number of storage problems for businesses. Let’s take a look at some of the challenges businesses face and how enterprise NAS storage helps:
Business Data Storage Challenges & The Role of Enterprise NAS Storage Appliances
Data Storage Challenges for Businesses
Daily operations generate continuously growing volumes of data. It is important for a business to be able to maintain, control, and manage data. This creates a need for a data storage solution that’s highly scalable, easily manageable and can be effortlessly integrated into a businesses’ existing model. Another consideration for the data storage solution is the volume of continuous I/O operations.
Another considerably important attribute of the ideal data storage solution is data availability. If a data storage solution is scalable, and easily manageable, but it doesn’t ensure high availability of important business data; then it’s not a good fit for any enterprise IT environment. The storage solution has to make sure that data is available and accessible at all times.
- In summary, following are the considerations and challenges pertaining to enterprise data storage solutions.
The ideal data storage solution has to be:
- Highly scalable – from terabytes to petabytes
- Easily manageable – should facilitate management and control from a single management interface
- Capable of support High IOPS – faster read and write operations
- Redundant and ensure high availability – business data has to be accessible 24/7
Role of Enterprise NAS Storage
Apart from delivering high speed file-level storage, an enterprise NAS storage has to deliver a lot more to be an effective storage option for businesses.
For instance, StoneFly SSO™ NAS is the kind of NAS that fits all kinds of industries and businesses. Why? Here’s a list of reasons:
- It’s highly scalable – can scale to virtually unlimited number of nodes (Petabytes in storage capacity)
- It delivers high speed read and write experience
- The appliance has redundant hot-swappable drives and power supplies
- It uses services, like replication, to ensure high availability and accessibility of data
- StoneFly offers a single centralized management interface to manage, control, and monitor all storage resources
- And they offer prices that can beat any competitor by approximately 50%
Conclusion: Enterprise NAS Storage is Highly Scalable & a Good Fit for Businesses with Continuously Growing Unstructured Data
As business data continues to grow, traditional storage options lag in delivering in accordance to the expectations and requirements of the business. With a feature-rich enterprise NAS storage businesses can have a highly scalable, easily manageable, and redundant storage option.
By integrating enterprise NAS storage, businesses can setup storage for file-level data, such as documents, images, videos, etc. and easily share them over a network which facilitates collaboration between teams and enhances overall business productivity.